Thirty years ago, when the concept of energy conservation was all but unknown and health, safety and environmental legislation in its infancy, Comid Engineering began to build its experience in the repair, reconditioning and testing of control and safety relief valves.
Since then, through countless contracts covering the whole spectrum of industrial and boiler applications in the chemical, petrochemical, oil, gas and other process industries, Comid has not only developed un-rivalled specialist skills but also amassed a vast database of manufacturers’ data and an in-depth understanding of plant systems and materials technology.
Comid Engineering: an open and shut case for excellence and expertise in valve repair, valve reconditioning and testing.
At Comid, quality is assured through accreditation to international standards. Registered with BSI, accredited to ISO 9001:2008 for the reconditioning and testing of industrial pipeline, boiler and safety valves. As independent audits have confirmed, Comid’s tightly controlled procedures and skilled workforce ensure that valves are overhauled to their correct design specification.
Most blue chip companies throughout the UK trust Comid to refurbish and test their vital control and safety valves Ineos Chlor, Enterprises and Salt, Lucite, AstraZeneca, Cargill, ABInbev, Saica Paper, Tata – all these and many more organisations. Our ever-growing client list also includes main contractors such as Amec, Alstom Power and Doosan Babcock.
At Comid, we never forget a valve. Data on every unit repaired or reconditioned at our service centre is recorded so that we, and our clients, can trace its complete history with us – saving time, trouble and cost when identifying a replacement or resolving a query.
- Complete in-house repair and reconditioning facility.
- Purpose-built workshop for safety relief valve repair and testing.
- Overhead travelling craneage.
- Shot blast and spray paint equipment.
- Machine tools for turning, milling, boring, drilling etc.
- Arc and MIG welding.
- Testing with –
Hydraulic to 10,000 PSI
Pneumatic to 5,000 PSI
Vacuum to 1000 mbar
- Skilled on-site service engineers CCNSG passport holders.
- Portable valve lapping equipment, torque tensioning equipment
- Mobile workshops and site facilities
- Emergency call out facility.
- Large stocks of resale or service exchange valves.
- Well-stocked stores of parts and materials.